Level 1 Safeguarding Children training (Kwango)
LSCB Level 1 safeguarding children training is offered in the form of an e-learning package by Kwango. This is compliant with Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015.
The training package can be used to assist agencies with their initial safeguarding induction for staff and volunteers. It should be used to support the immediate provision of basic information to staff and volunteers prior to accessing training within their own agency or via the multi-agency courses provided by LSCB. The Safeguarding Children e-learning package is designed to help staff and volunteers to:
- Understand signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Be aware of the inquiries and legislation underpinning child protection
- Know what to do if abuse is suspected
- Develop some useful assessment skills
- Be clear about sharing information with others
- Understand local child protection systems
- Link with the Children, Young People and Family Workforce Development Common Induction Standards
- Transfer Knowledge from this programme to the workplace
How to register and log in
To log into the Safeguarding Level 1 online training, visit the Kwango website.
Follow these steps below to Create an Account
- Username: Enter your first and last name
- Email address: Enter your work email address
- Password: Create your own password
- Confirm Password: Confirm your password
- Organsiational Code: Enter the following code: lamblscb
- Once logged in enter your area of work. Choose the option that describes the agency where you are employed.
You are now ready to begin the e-learning training course.