- Are you frightened of your boyfriend / girlfriend?
- Are you seeing someone and then they force you to do things you don’t want to do?
- Do they threaten to tell your family your secrets if you don’t do something for them?
- Do they try to make you have sex, or touch you in places that you don’t want them to?
- Do they take your phone off you or read all your texts?
- Do they stop you from seeing your friends?
- Have you seen your parent being pushed or hit by their partner?
- Have you heard your parent being threatened by their partner?
- Do you often see your parent upset because of their partner?
- Have you tried to protect your parent because they are being hit by their partner?
If that's the case, you might feel angry; sad; guilty; ashamed; scared or lonely and you might have started to skip school; stopped talking to your family/friends; hurt yourself; drink alcohol; take drugs; wet the bed; eat more/less; have nightmares; avoid going home; have panic attacks.
You do not have to cope with this on your own. This is not your fault. You can speak to someone who understands.
Getting help and support
You can call the Gaia centre on 0207 733 8724. If they don’t pick up, leave a message with your mobile number and they will call you back. They can support you by talking to you or just listening to you; they can go to appointments with you or just tell you what your options are. It’s your choice. You don’t have to feel alone.
You can also read up on the Childline website or call their free and confidential helpline on 0800 1111.