Being in a gang that is involved in crime and violence can be very dangerous. If someone is trying to make you join a gang, or if you are in a gang and want to leave, talk to someone you trust like a youth worker, teacher or learning mentor.
There is a growing culture amongst young people to become involved in gangs for protection, a sense of identity, status, friendship, money and sex. However, the risks are greater than the benefits!
Get more information and advice
- Childline Gangs info and a confidential helpline on 0800 1111
- Safer London has a Gang Exit Programme for 16-24 year olds
- Redthread has programmes such as 'Gangs exit' and a Youth Violence Intervention programme based in A&E
- Contact Gangsline for free advice and support from ex-gang members
- Fearless is where you can report crime anonymously
- SAFE has more info about gangs, group violence and the law
- Well Centre, Streatham: accessing everyday health provisions without stigma including mental health, Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 3.30-6.30pm